Making a window expand to show more underlying content

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
phipple

Making a window expand to show more underlying content

Postby phipple » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:38 am

I want a window to show abbreviated text, and expand to show the full content when it is clicked on.

This seemingly involves states. I need the content of a window to stay the same, but the state needs to change, which invariably needs to be connected to a style sheet (changing the width and height). Problem is, I don't know how to connect a state with a style sheet that has to apply to itself. States usually only work when two separate things are connected.

Peter Uchytil

Re: Making a window expand to show more underlying content

Postby Peter Uchytil » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 am

The way to do this with states would be to have state 1 have the abbreviated content and state 2 would be a copy of the content (Rich Text, I'm assuming), but expanded. So you need two components to do this. If you have content below the expanding content that needs to push out of the way, you will have to use Container components instead of a single Rich Text so that you can simulate the expansion. In this case, the states would switch between the two containers.

If that was confusing, just let me know and I'll put together a video to show it.

Peter
Peter Uchytil
peteru@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / ProtoShare Product Manager
blog.protoshare.com / twitter.com/protoshare

Return to “How Do I...”