"Demote" a homepage wireframe

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
katiemccann1

"Demote" a homepage wireframe

Postby katiemccann1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am

I have a project where I (stupidly) created a wireframe as part of the default "Home" page. Now that I want to flush out the other pages (including the true home page), I can't figure out how to demote the wireframe to a sub page. I can drag around other sub-pages, but can't move the home page in the tree at all. Nor can I find a way to move a wireframe from one page to another (I still need to iterate on it, so a screenshot won't suffice). Help!

Josh Kristof

Re: "Demote" a homepage wireframe

Postby Josh Kristof » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 am

I'll assume your account is still on ProtoShare 3.9. In 5 you can drag designs between pages which would solve your issue.

You have a couple of options besides upgrading.

You can select all components on the page and then copy / paste them into the new page design.

Secondly you could save your home page as a template, apply that template to the new page design, and then detach the template.
Josh Kristof
customerservice@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / Customer Support
blog.protoshare.com | twitter.com/protoshare

katiemccann1

Postby katiemccann1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks, the template creation / detaching worked perfectly.

Our account is going to be upgraded to 5 soon, looking forward to it.

geekygirlie68

Postby geekygirlie68 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 am

I tried the method suggested,and can't get it to work. I want to promote subpages under the home page and send the original Home page to the trash, but am unable to do so.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 am

Hi,

Since the Home page is the root page in your page tree it cannot be deleted. Otherwise, all the pages under it would be deleted as well similar to the folder structure of a computer's files.

If you have a current sub-page that you would rather see as the Home page what you can do is drag and drop that page's wireframe onto the Home page in the page tree and then rename the Home page to have the same name. After that, you can delete your original page with no content or rename it and start a new wireframe on it. One thing to remember is that you may need to update your navigations to match the change.

Another solution, which may save some additional time, is to just have a single page underneath the Home page and have that be the new root where all the other pages are attached to.
Nick Jennings
customerservice@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / Customer Support
blog.protoshare.com | twitter.com/protoshare

Return to “How Do I...”