Slowwwww...

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
pv0e

Slowwwww...

Postby pv0e » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 am

I used ProtoShare end 2009/ early 2010, and just returned to it for a new project. While I like the new features and improvements, the performance is still less than satisfactory. I'm building a fairly simple shopping cart with a few pages, a few states on each page. Rendering the page, switching to edit mode, duplicating a page, duplicating elements on a page... each page refresh takes far too long. (I'm using Firefox on the Mac). I'm planning to use the prototype for usability testing, and I'm concerned that the performance issues will get in the way of the test. They certainly do get in the way of building the prototype, which makes me recommend this product only with strong reservations and caveats. Please do something about this issue, I can tell from a quick look at other forum members that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

And by the way, it seems to be taking quite a long time for my forum post to appear (my post from >16 hours ago is still not online). When users post questions on a forum it's usually because they're stuck for answers and are on a deadline. The moderation process needs to be made more efficient so that we can get our answers quickly.

I've always received very prompt responses when I directly email customer support, and I do appreciate that very much.

Thanks,
--pv

Josh Kristof

Re: Slowwwww...

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:34 am

Pv,

Thank you for your post. Each message requires approval before it's displayed. This is to ensure that spam advertisements don't fill the forum. The forum is not intended for time dependent questions and is not recommended for urgent questions. We recommend using the form at http://www.protoshare.com/services-support/ or the Live Support option when it's available. Both are answered Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific.

To your question, have you tried another browser such as Chrome? We've found that for most customers who use Firefox found Chrome to give a significant performance increase.
Josh Kristof
customerservice@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / Customer Support
blog.protoshare.com | twitter.com/protoshare

AndreaF

Re: Slowwwww...

Postby AndreaF » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 am

UPDATE:
We just released ProtoShare 5 (on Feb. 28, 2011).

Engineers optimized the back-end and client-side code, realizing speed gains between 70 and 200 percent. We also reduced data transmissions by about 50 percent.

ProtoShare users should notice a significant increase in application performance / responsiveness. If you have questions, or are still on version 3.9, please contact support at protoshare.com.

Return to “How Do I...”