Rich Text Editing Not Working

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
dgavazzi

Rich Text Editing Not Working

Postby dgavazzi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:40 pm

I can't edit any Rich Text elements in my wireframes since the upgrade. When I click 'Click to edit...", the editor panel loads blank and never rights itself. When I make the size of the browser window smaller, the edit controls briefly appear.

I am using FF 3.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.5.6 and have all potentially problematic plugins (e.g., Firebug) disabled.

Peter Uchytil

Re: Rich Text Editing Not Working

Postby Peter Uchytil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

That sounds like stale Javascript to me. In Firefox, try doing Tools > Clear Recent History... > Web Cache. Then reload the editor and see if that fixes the problem.

I haven't seen that error reported by anyone else today, so I think it is a cache issue. If not, let me know and I'll keep researching.

Peter
Peter Uchytil
peteru@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / ProtoShare Product Manager
blog.protoshare.com / twitter.com/protoshare

dgavazzi

Postby dgavazzi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks for the quick reply, Peter. I've cleared my cache (and all private data) a few times and I am still encountering the same problem. I also disabled all add-ons, and even reinstalled Firefox -- still no good.

Any other ideas? In the meantime, I will check on some other boxes here to see if maybe it is singular to my setup.

dgavazzi

Postby dgavazzi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 am

Just an update ... I checked on two other Macs here and had the same problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”