Issues so far

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
phillip

Issues so far

Postby phillip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Hey P-share team,

I've been using the site fairly heavily for about a week. I like it and I've been able to do a number of things quickly, however I've found a number of things that might not be bugs, but they are definitely problems:

- When I use a gif image that contains transparency, I can still see the Image component palm tree, even in Page view. That really sucks.

- Having to leave a wireframe to add an Asset is a big pain

- Not being to go directly back to a wireframe after adding an asset is a big pain

- When I select a component on a wireframe, the properties pane should say what kind of component it is, since things like Box and RTF don't have much visual difference.

- The Horizontal nav bar is really difficult to work with.

- One potential bug: when I select two or more components and drag them across a page, they anchor to the graph differently. While I suppose turning off the graph would help, we both know that's not the real answer. :D

Phillip

Peter Uchytil

Re: Issues so far

Postby Peter Uchytil » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Phillip, thanks for the comments. Good points. Let me address them:
- When I use a gif image that contains transparency, I can still see the Image component palm tree, even in Page view. That really sucks.
We will look into this issue to see what we can do. It's more complicated than it seems, but we should be able to make it better than it is now.
- Having to leave a wireframe to add an Asset is a big pain
- Not being to go directly back to a wireframe after adding an asset is a big pain
We are tweaking the UI to make this much more fluid. Engineering started posting alpha builds for the rest of the company to play with this week and it's looking really good. Definitely nicer when switching between areas.
- When I select a component on a wireframe, the properties pane should say what kind of component it is, since things like Box and RTF don't have much visual difference.
That makes sense. These two components are very similar. You can always open the left-hand sidebar to see what is being selected (and select items directly), but we should probably have something in the right-hand sidebar, too.
- The Horizontal nav bar is really difficult to work with.
The navigation components are some of the most powerful ones in ProtoShare, but that also makes them complex. We are continually refining these components. If you can share some of the things you are trying to do, that would help us. There are a lot of use cases for navigation.
- One potential bug: when I select two or more components and drag them across a page, they anchor to the graph differently. While I suppose turning off the graph would help, we both know that's not the real answer.
We are working on component grouping and making drag actions like this work better. This one is definitely on our list to work on. BTW, I know you don't want to disable the grid for this action, but if you find you need to, you can hold down the control key and drag to temporarily disable the grid. It is least makes the workflow a little faster.

Again, thank you very much for this feedback. It really helps us.

Peter
Peter Uchytil
peteru@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / ProtoShare Product Manager
blog.protoshare.com / twitter.com/protoshare

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”