Workflow Improvement: Duplicate

Like ProtoShare but want to see something else? Let us know what features you need.
pvora

Workflow Improvement: Duplicate

Postby pvora » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:17 pm

I'd like to suggest an improvement to the workflow while duplicating a page on the sitemap. Currently if you duplicate <filename>, the system creates <filename1>. Then you have to go in and edit the properties of <filename1> to rename it, because how often are you going to keep that name? It would save some time if the system offered the properties dialog as soon as I selected "duplicate".

This may seem minor but can be a non-trivial issue (time spent waiting for the duplication, then having to do one more action to rename) if you're setting up even a medium sized site map.

Thanks,
--Priti

jbaskin

Re: Workflow Improvement: Duplicate

Postby jbaskin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:32 am

I'd like to add something to the duplication process as well.

If you are duplicating a page that has a sub-page attached to it, and that sub-page has any links that redirect the user back to the parent page, the links take you to the wrong page.

Example: Page name is Testing with a sub-page of Shenanigans. Shenanigans has a link that will redirect the user back to Testing.

Testing gets duplicated, and with that Shenanigans gets duplicated as well which will create Testing1 and Shenanigans. (note: it does not create Shenanigans1)

So the newly duplicated Shenanigans page will redirect the user to Testing instead of Testing1.

I apologize if I should have created a new topic for this instead of adding onto this one.

Return to “Feature Requests”