How do I export a project?

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
EmilyTaigen

How do I export a project?

Postby EmilyTaigen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Where is the export link/window where a project can be archived? I can't seem to find it anywhere.. do all users have this capability? Thank you.

Josh Kristof

Re: How do I export a project?

Postby Josh Kristof » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:47 am

Emily,

Export functions are available on the Professional plan and are under an Export tab at the top of a project window. They allow you to export either to a Word document or as HTML. You can upgrade from the Billing Info screen by clicking on Change Plan.

AndreaF

Re: How do I export a project?

Postby AndreaF » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 am

UPDATE:
Exporting a project (or pages within a project) is still available in ProtoShare 5 (released Feb. 28, 2011), but the steps to get there are as follows:

1. Click the Pages tab.
    The export functionality is available via the File menu in the Pages tab.
    2. Select the pages to include (optional).
    The export includes content from the selected pages only. Linked pages not explicitly specified are not included in the archive.
    3. Open the Export Pages dialog.
    Select the appropriate export choice from the File menu.
    4. Specify a file name (optional).
    5. Select the HTML Archive check box.
    6. Select the designs to export.
    By default, the active design is exported for each page. You can choose to export a named design instead. Also, you can optionally select the Publish to Web checkbox.
    7. Click the Export button.

The Export History dialog opens and includes the exported archive. Using the toolbar controls, you can download, publish to web (or unpublish), and delete the file.

Return to “How Do I...”