Prioritize and Categorize Annotations and Comments

How has ProtoShare helped your process? Tell us how you're using it.
danlode

Prioritize and Categorize Annotations and Comments

Postby danlode » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi,

I absolutely love ProtoShare so far after a day of demoing it!

There is, however, one glaring feature omission. I feel it would be really helpful if there was the ability to prioritize and/or categorize annotations and comments. What I mean by that is I would like to be able to leave an annotation/comment and mark it as "high priority," "normal priority," or "low priority." Better yet, if a Project Manager role could customize and add any categories that he/she deems appropriate for the project members to use when placing annotations/comments, that would make them a whole lot more useful. Finally, each category should have a color associated with it and the annotation/comment should be colored based on the category assigned to it. Category should be separate from the Status field that you guys already have.

In summary, here is my feature request:

1. Add a categories drop-down field for both annotations and comments. At a bare minimum, provide a default set of 3 categories: High (red), Medium (Yellow), and Low (Green).

2. Associate a color with each category and color code the annotation or comment based on its category. Consider color coding the associated pushpin icon, speech bubble icon, title in sidebar listing, and title in the exported Word documentation.

3. Allow members with a Project Manager role or higher to customize the categories and associated colors that are available to all project members when leaving annotations and comments.

4. Consider allowing us to attach a file to the annotation/comment as well.

This would be extremely helpful to prioritize feedback and it would also make it a breeze to do prioritized heuristic evaluations directly inside of ProtoShare. I am fairly certain that many people would find this to be a valuable added feature. I should note that these suggested capabilities are actually available in one of your competitors tools: Justinmind Prototyper (see attached screenshots).

legend.png
Legend (Category editor). Categories are customizable, as are their associated colors. You can add as few or many as you like.
legend.png (32.33 KiB) Viewed 4082 times

comment_entry.png
Comment entry pop-up
comment_entry.png (45.42 KiB) Viewed 4077 times

comment_listing.png
Comment listing, color coded based on assigned category.
comment_listing.png (32.14 KiB) Viewed 4106 times

Josh Kristof

Re: Prioritize and Categorize Annotations and Comments

Postby Josh Kristof » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Thank you very much for your feedback and feature request. We certainly plan on adding additional functionality to manage feedback and discussions from inside your projects. Adding tags / colors etc.. could easily be one of those things.

Return to “How Are You Using ProtoShare?”