Modules Not Showing During State Selection

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
jstires

Modules Not Showing During State Selection

Postby jstires » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:13 am

I'm noticing some bugginess with when modules show for certain states. Everything works well when the state is first created and tested. Then when I start moving containers around making clippings etc. everything becomes hit or miss when I try states. Right now I have a state that is contained within a container at the top level in the component listing. I can view it when I click the eye and it has all the correct state settings. But when I try to test the state it doesn't display.

It all comes back to the containers and the component listing. Once I start to fiddle with that states stop working, containers and thier components start moving every which way among the xyz axis.

I'm totally confused with what is happening.

jstires

Re: Modules Not Showing During State Selection

Postby jstires » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am

Oh I see what is happening now. When I create a clipping and paste it, it creates an entirely new state. So if I create 2 containers as clipping which have a related state, and paste them into the same document, the states become out of sync.

I'd prefer that states don't automatically duplicate unless I choose to do so. Having things create and change without my knowledge really sets me back when I try to troubleshoot.

Peter Uchytil

Re: Modules Not Showing During State Selection

Postby Peter Uchytil » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks for the feedback. We will look at making the state duplication an option. We thought that it would be more common to want duplicate states than not. It can be tricky to figure out how to add options like this without cluttering/confusing the interface.

Peter
Peter Uchytil
peteru@protoshare.com
Site9, Inc. / ProtoShare Product Manager
blog.protoshare.com / twitter.com/protoshare

Return to “How Do I...”