Real-Time Collaboration

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
christopherritter

Real-Time Collaboration

Postby christopherritter » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 pm

My team and I have been testing the collaborative capabilities in Protoshare and discovered that modifying elements on the screen does not take effect until the other person refreshes their screen. I assumed that the constant saving in Protoshare would update their screens automatically and instantly (as is the case with Google Docs). Is there a way to setup Protoshare so that the changes are instantly evident to someone who is working on the same page?

Josh Kristof

Re: Real-Time Collaboration

Postby Josh Kristof » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 am

Chris,

Multiple user concurrent editing, while possible, is not fully supported by ProtoShare right now. This is why a feature such as immediate update is not available. Discussion pins update soon after being created but page components do not.

963chris

Postby 963chris » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

so is multiple simultaneous editing possible at this time in protoshare? can multiple team members work on the same document? please let me know if this is possible or if designs are 'checked out' or 'locked' when one individual is editing, thus disallowing anyone else access to that workspace.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi,

It depends on the actions being edited and what plan you are on.

You can have multiple users editing different designs in a project. While it is possible to have two users edit on the same design, this can lead to some editing conflicts since you will not see the changes made by the other person until you refresh the design and may cause you to lose work.

On accounts with the Business plan, you will have access to the Design Locking feature that prevents other users from editing a design that a user is already working on. You automatically have editing control when you open an item in the Editor unless another user is currently editing the item. You release editing control when you close an item, you sign out of ProtoShare, or your session times out. Additionally, another user can explicitly take editing control.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Return to “How Do I...”