Clean Up States

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
timssewell

Clean Up States

Postby timssewell » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 am

Is there anyway of finding out what elements states are attached to. I want to clean up some states but its impossible to tell which items they are attached to, so either I just delete them and hope for the best, or go though every element which is too time consuming.

Thanks

Nick Jennings

Re: Clean Up States

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi Tim,

The quickest way to clean up unused states is with the Clean Up button at the top of the states pane. This automatically deletes any states that are not used by any component on the design.

It is much faster than searching each component for states since there can be a lot of areas that the values can be applied too (On Show, On Click, On Hover, ect.). On Show/Hide will make the component have a lightning bolt next to it to show that the visibility changes, but other events (i.e. On Click) only shows up in the inspector or when you click the component in test mode (a little notication shows up at the bottom showing which state and value changed).

timssewell

Re: Clean Up States

Postby timssewell » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks I hadn't really noticed the icon next to the items that denotes if it has an action. This definitely helps. Would still be nice to see all items for a particular event. Perhaps as a filter in the component outline section

Thanks

Return to “How Do I...”