Is it possible to resize an entire project?

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
dave319

Is it possible to resize an entire project?

Postby dave319 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 am

Hello!

I recently began an internship as a Junior Product Owner, I'm new to Protoshare and I've just made my first huge mistake.

I think I may have been very zoomed out when I started this wireframe, because I've just noticed it's 2000px wide which is obviously waaaay too much. Is it possible to resize entire pages? Or do I have to do it one object at a time? I've spent the past 2 full working days on this project so it would be impractical to scrap it and start again.

I'm willing to spend my own time outside of work fixing this mistake, I just want to know the easiest/most time efficient method of solving this problem.

Cheers,

David

Nick Jennings

Re: Is it possible to resize an entire project?

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi David,

It depends on what you are referring to that is too wide (the page itself itself or components).

The design extends out to the farthest components, but you can override that by putting a set value and width in the Design Properties in the sidebar. None of the components will resize, so you will need to change those as well. You can select all of the components on the design (Ctrl + A) and manually input a new value into the width value in the toolbar to match what you have set.

I've attached a screenshot of the design properties. Hopefully this will give you some options on fixing the issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 1.27.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 1.27.23 PM.png (13.9 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

dave319

Postby dave319 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 am

Hi Nick,

I need to resize every single object within the wireframe; the template, masters, and loose objects on every page - there are hundreds of individual objects that need to be down-scaled due to my mistake.

I tried the way you suggested but if I CTRL-A everything and adjust the width, it changes the width of every single object to that variable instead of downsizing it.

For example; here is one of my masters which is about 1825 pixels wide.

http://gyazo.com/a474b0f925f1a45d28212f1af1b9d00f

If I CTRL-A and change the width to 800 this happens.

http://gyazo.com/140f32e4607aa32d5fe1b12be4d044fc

Some objects (those that had width <800px) actually grew in size.

Thanks,

David

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi David,

That would actually be the correct behavior for that particular design. Setting the width for all of the components to a value that is larger than what is already established will stretch it out.

Those elements will be tricky to resize since they are on such a large scale (it is the biggest design I have ever seen). You would want to try setting the width to the lowest value needed, and that value should be smaller than the resolution you are looking to have for your design. Setting all of the components to have a width of 200 would be under the 800 px mark if that is what you are shooting for. The other issue is that any text might end up wrapping if the font size is too large and some components in containers might not scale since they are so large. You might need to make some additional changes to the size values for each component.

The process should save you a little time instead of starting over, but it will still be time consuming and a little bumpy since the elements are very huge. It might just be smoother to start fresh.

Return to “How Do I...”