How do i carry over sub nav?

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
Portiaane

How do i carry over sub nav?

Postby Portiaane » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:25 pm

I am not sure how to explain this.
but I have created a sub nav from child pages- but i basically want it to work like a tab system where when one of the sub navs is clicked it links to the child page it is linked too BUT still displays the same sub nav on the child pages... for some reason the sub nav will not save as a master or template to copy over onto each of the child pages :(

i hope this makes some kind of sense

Nick Jennings

Re: How do i carry over sub nav?

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi,

It sounds like you are using the automatic navigation component for your linking. This works great in a general setting, but it dynamically changes based on which page you currently on. This is why it still changes even in masters or headers unless it is set to the top-level navigation only. The best way to avoid this is to just use the Custom setting in the inspector under "Attached Pages" and then develop your own navigation from here. You can then copy and paste it onto other designs.

You should also be able to convert the component into one of the functions even if it is an automatic navigation from the right-click menu. If the problem persists, please send us an e-mail with your domain with the project and page where the navigation is and we can take a look.

Return to “How Do I...”