Button to toggle between page designs?

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
Wes Vasher

Button to toggle between page designs?

Postby Wes Vasher » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

I don't know if this is the best way to do this anyway but here's what I'm trying to do. I'm designing several responsive sites. I'm basically designing two views, one desktop and one smartphone, so completely different views. I was thinking of just making two page designs and adding buttons at the top that toggle between the page designs like the image attached. Is this possible? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

Fullscreen capture 262014 14405 PM.jpg
Fullscreen capture 262014 14405 PM.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
Wes Vasher - UX/UI Designer at Artonic in Tecumseh, MI

Nick Jennings

Re: Button to toggle between page designs?

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 am

Hi,

That is a valid workflow as long as your responsive designs are active designs on different pages. While it is not possible to link to a specific design, you can link to other pages. You just need to set the "On Click -- Link" in the inpector for the image to the correct pages.

An easier workflow, one that is better supported, is to just have all of your designs on the same page and use the "Show Designs in Filmstrip" under the View menu in Review. This lets you or any Reviewer toggle between designs on a page easily without you needing to change your design. Just name your design proprerly to match your breakpoints or resolution and it is very easy to navigate.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 11.31.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 11.31.32 AM.png (24.95 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

Return to “How Do I...”