Icons and buttons

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
nehaali

Icons and buttons

Postby nehaali » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 pm

1. I can't see anyway of adding an icon to a button inherently, is as part of the buttons attributes, is that right?
2. I want to create a "button" that is essentially an icon, which when rolled over changes the background color and the icon color. I started to do this by putting an icon in a container and then putting a hover state on the container to change bg color which works, but I can't figure out how at the same time I can change the icon color?

Nick Jennings

Re: Icons and buttons

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,

It is not currently possible to add icons into a button. While they can be placed on top of the button to simulate it, styles applied to the button will have not apply to the icon. There are plans to add this feature for a future release, but there is no a current ETA when this would be added.

To make the icon change color, you will need to simulate it changing since On Hover does not apply styles to other components.

You would want two icons in the same position (both in the container), each with their own fill color. You would then have it so they would become hidden/visible depending on if the state was on or off. Once you have that wired up, just set the On Hover for the container to trigger the state value change. When the user hovers over the container, they will see the second icon and see that the colors have changed.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Return to “How Do I...”