Assign Templates on Mulitple Pages

Put your questions here on how to do things in ProtoShare.
billyudi

Assign Templates on Mulitple Pages

Postby billyudi » Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 am

Often I quickly create the site architecture or categorization within the Page tree, mainly to use in things like dropdowns and navigation. I then work on the templates. Is there an easy way to apply a template across multiple pages? All I can figure out at this time is that I have to open each page and then apply the template.

Josh Kristof

Re: Assign Templates on Mulitple Pages

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed May 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to assign a template to multiple pages at once. The method you're using it the only way to do it.

We do want to add this functionality and it's on our road map, but not currently scheduled in a release.

artonic

Postby artonic » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:06 pm

I thought this used to be a feature. I also would definitely like to see this added in the future.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi,

It is now possible to assign templates to multiple designs. It was released about a few months ago if I remember right. The thread should have been updated with the new change.

To assign the template to more than one design, you just need to multi-select any pages you want the template on. This will make all of the designs for those pages appear in the Design Pane below the Page Tree.

After the designs load in the pane, select the designs you wish the template to be on and right-click any of them. There will be an option to Edit Template.

Return to “How Do I...”