Firefox 3.6 Bug / Firefox vs. Chrome Display Issues

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
BillBurn

Firefox 3.6 Bug / Firefox vs. Chrome Display Issues

Postby BillBurn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 am

Just wanted to note a bug. I know Firefox 3.6 is not officially supported but for what it is worth, the rich text editing box does not pop-up when you try to edit text in 3.6 and editing text in general is near next to impossible. I downgraded to 3.5.13 and this solved the problem. Is there an ETA for 3.6 support?

Also, I have noticed that if you are in editing mode and you view the same page in Firefox and in Chrome, on the Chrome page mange of the text boxes will appear to be too small and need to be enlarged to properly display in Chrome whereas they look just fine in Firefox.

Josh Kristof

Re: Firefox 3.6 Bug / Firefox vs. Chrome Display Issues

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:40 am

Bill,

We actually do support 3.6. It looks like the copy on our website wasn't updated accordingly.

I tried to reproduce the issue you're seeing but was unable to. I'd recommend clearing your cache and trying again. If you still have the same problem please let us know as well as what operating system you're on.

joe lakey

Re: Firefox 3.6 Bug / Firefox vs. Chrome Display Issues

Postby joe lakey » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm a big fan of non-Windows tools especially browsers. I fond of using Mozilla Firefox because of the thousands of add-ons you can use, especially on a business/marketing standpoint. On the other hand, I also like chrome because of its speed and somewhat stability. I haven't encountered any major problems with both applications yet, and I don't plan to go back to using IE even if they had newer versions already out there. With regards to your issue, I suggest you download the latest fixes for both browsers and java as well. I have encountered similar issues like yours before and keeping both applications updated with the latest plugins and fixes from java, activex, and flash would provide your browsing experience clutter-free. I hope you find your answers. =)

Joe Lakey
Vitamix | Vitamix 5200 | Vitamix Recipes

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”