Export Inconsistent with Design View

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
david

Export Inconsistent with Design View

Postby david » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi -

So all day today, I have tried to Export a project and there is a one specific link that is based on a STATE that will not consistently render to the Exported HTML version no matter what I have tried. I have tried changing where this URL component is placed and how state is interacted with for about 7 hours, exporting about 8 times after changes that should of allowed the exported html to work just like the design view. I mean if this is WYSIWYG in design view and you should get identical outputs in the EXPORTED html, then I should NOT HAVE HAD TO WASTE 7 HOURS trying to see if it wasn't something A) dumb I was doing or B) something dumb in the software such as a bug or something...

At the per month rate, this type of bug is unacceptable. And the fact that very few people use the forums to document anything, tells me many of the end users are barely scratching the surface with this otherwise awesome tool.

This is really unfortunate. Again, I will be quick to blame myself here, but frankly, EXPORT should give me an exact replica per what is stated in help and in the app and it is not doing that.

I have a URL that I have moved to all pages manually, and have the state being held in a subpage and works fine in design view. I had the url component in the subpage and state in the subpage, and that also worked in the design view. Neither way has allowed the exported version to function the same way.

Furthermore, if you do not export, as in uncheck the first page (sort of the root of your project), when you export the other pages you do have checked, when you fire up the html index file, it says it cannot find whatever... But, if you jump into the ziped files and locate another page manually directly, then you can open it... So, I guess you always have to at least one page at the root of your project exported, otherwise if all the pages to be exported are at the same level, the exported html doesn't know what to load first and therefore does nothing, or actually has outputted all the pages, even the ones you unchecked from being exported, but no content related to them, so you get a error message upon opening the first index html file you see in your exported folder...

Tiring...

David

Josh Kristof

Re: Export Inconsistent with Design View

Postby Josh Kristof » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:12 am

It looks like you are correct in that global states imported from templates do not stick while viewing pages in the HTML export. This is indeed a bug as they should function as you are seeing in the View Design mode.

For your second questions, you're right in that if you do not export the root page, you need to traverse the HTML export and open the index for a page that was exported.

straightlinetheory

Postby straightlinetheory » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:01 am

Has this bug been addressed? I'm having the same issue. I have a global state that triggers from a page (i.e. logged in) and needs to carry through the rest of the experience. Works great in design view, but not in the export.

Josh Kristof

Postby Josh Kristof » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

This bug had been addressed and resolved however it appears to have resurfaced. We'll be looking at fixing the issue and including it in a near future release.

asgood

Postby asgood » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:29 am

Has this been resolved?
Running into the same problem, under a tight deadline.
Very, very frustrating.

Josh Kristof

Postby Josh Kristof » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:01 am

asgood wrote:Has this been resolved?
Running into the same problem, under a tight deadline.
Very, very frustrating.

I was able to reproduce this issue in the downloaded HTML archive, but not the Export to Web version. Until the local copy issue can be looked into I would recommend using the hosted copy, which won't have the same problem.

faris

Postby faris » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:43 am

There are many workflows that can be accomplished with ProtoShare. Changing the UI can affect those established workflows and require current users to adapt to the new changes?
Play Online Solitaire Spider Game visit Solitaire Spider for more details.

mysterytour2000

Postby mysterytour2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:10 am

I've also noticed a strange thing happening when I export HTML. First let me say that the prototype looks good when using "Run". But when I exported it to HTML a lot of objects shifted vertically up the page. First thinking this was a problem with the export I tried about 4 more times all with the same result.

Then for some reason I turned off the "Format HTML for Readibility" option that I had checked, and the export was correct.

Has anyone encountered this?

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 am

Hi,

There is a bug with the Format HTML for Readability that can cause some HTML exports to have wrong properties. It has been reported and will be fixed in a future update.

mysterytour2000

Postby mysterytour2000 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Nick Jennings wrote:Hi,

There is a bug with the Format HTML for Readability that can cause some HTML exports to have wrong properties. It has been reported and will be fixed in a future update.

Glad to hear. Love Protoshare!

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”