Weird adjustment arrow behavior

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
Wes Vasher

Weird adjustment arrow behavior

Postby Wes Vasher » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:45 am

I've noticed this since yesterday and I get the same result in Chrome and Firefox.

The small adjustment arrow buttons in the toolbar, such as sizing and moving objects seems to have changed. When holding down on an arrow button I no longer get a live preview of the action in the canvas. So if I'm holding the button for a while to move it a good distance, the object won't update as I go, but will only update at the end of the operation.

Also, when tapping the buttons rapidly sometimes the software won't register a random press, I've never had this issue before.

Has anyone else noticed these behaviors recently? They really make the UI feel less solid and responsive to me.
Wes Vasher - UX/UI Designer at Artonic in Tecumseh, MI

Nick Jennings

Re: Weird adjustment arrow behavior

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 am

Hi,

The behavior should not have been changed, but it may be possible that either our last update or the recent updates to the browsers has caused this to happen. We cannot reproduce the issue with it not registering when tapping rapidly, but we'll pass it to our developers to take a look into.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 am

Hi,

We've looked into it a bit further and believe that the behavior you are seeing is due to browser changes. It may be that in previous browser versions that movement using the arrow keys took place immediately, but the behavior you are encountering has been around for awhile. As for the rapid clicking, we are unable to reproduce where it does not register. Could you confirm what versions of the browsers you are using? This will help us test it out further.

Do keep in mind that using the keyboard arrow keys will show the component move instantly by a pixel and holding down the Shift button while moving components will move them instantly by 10 pixels. This may be a better solution for what you are looking to do.

Wes Vasher

Postby Wes Vasher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 am

Chrome 36.0.1985.125, latest non dev release as of 2014 July 7. I can confirm that the same behavior is also happening in Firefox 30.0.
Wes Vasher - UX/UI Designer at Artonic in Tecumseh, MI

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”