Templates in Confluence

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
vinicius.seixas

Templates in Confluence

Postby vinicius.seixas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 am

Hi, I was testing Protoshare online and started an evaluation today in Confluence. The first diference that I noticed was that inside confluence I can't create templates. Is this a intentional limitation or can I expect to see templates available in future releases?

Nick Jennings

Re: Templates in Confluence

Postby Nick Jennings » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,

ProtoShare for Confluence does not have the functionality of Templates and Masters as ProtoShare SaaS does. This is due to the nature of the single design Editor that is used and there is no Library to store Templates/Masters. While it may be a feature that is added in the future, it is not currently viable with how Confluence currently functions.

If you want to make a library that allows you to reuse work, one possible workflow is to create a special design on a test page/project and store your widgets and stencils in that. You can then copy and paste content between designs.

Do note that while you can copy and paste between a ProtoShare SaaS and ProtoShare Confluence design, Navigation and RIA components are not available in Confluence so they will not be added.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”