Stencil refusing to be dragged in (JIRA)

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
Bart

Stencil refusing to be dragged in (JIRA)

Postby Bart » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:33 am

Hi,

evaluating ProtoShare for Jira.
When I try to drag in the table stencil (Web & Desktop Application -> RIA) I get an errormessage: Cannot Paste : The dropped content cannot be pasted into the wireframe. This goes for all the stencils in this category.

I must say that the plugin looks like VERY stripped down:

no templates or masters: see previous post (convert menu items are not functional)
no pages: or I am unable to find them
no table component:
no manual describing what IS available for JIRA users and what is not available.

Feeling disappointed for the moment.

Nick Jennings

Re: Stencil refusing to be dragged in (JIRA)

Postby Nick Jennings » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your post.

RIA components are not available in ProtoShare JIRA. We will be updating the RIA stencil page with a message clearing this up.

To clear a few things up and referencing your other topic:

1. Templates and Masters are not available in ProtoShare JIRA and the menu items you see will be removed in a future point release.

2. Pages are not supported in ProtoShare JIRA. The idea is to allow users to create a quick Design for their JIRA issues without needing to involve pages. If you need a workflow that includes a page structure, we can add it in as a feature request.

3. You can create tables within a Paragraph component. Just edit the content for a Paragraph component and select the Insert/Edit table button from the tool bar. Attached to this post is a screenshot of the button in the editor.

4. There is a User Guide found under the Help menu that shows what is available as well as providing instructions for all the functions of ProtoShare JIRA. A direct link to the User Guide can be found here: http://plugindoc.protoshare.com/doc/introduction/

If possible, our engineers would like to have a quick conversation off the forums about any feedback you may have. If you are interested, please let us know.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 10.11.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 10.11.48 AM.png (19.32 KiB) Viewed 4645 times

Bart

Postby Bart » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Nick,

thank you for responding (albeit with disappointing information).
I have no problem discussing with your engineers , where and how is the first question, when the next.

Regards

Bart

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Bart,

I'll pass your information along to our Developers and they should get in touch with you via e-mail shortly.

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”