Black Vertical Bands when using Chrome

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
webmaster

Black Vertical Bands when using Chrome

Postby webmaster » Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 am

I had first started using Protoshare with Chrome and it worked fine. But as of about a week ago, it gets these two weird black vertical bands that span the height of the screen and make it difficult to edit pages (see attachment). I was using Firefox instead for a while, but that was running really slowly for me today and kept giving me JavaScript errors. Is anyone else having this problem with Chrome? I have version 27.0.1453.94 m. Thanks!
Attachments
chromeIssue.JPG
chromeIssue.JPG (90.79 KiB) Viewed 3496 times

Nick Jennings

Re: Black Vertical Bands when using Chrome

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi,

We have not encountered this issue before. Here are some questions to help us troubleshoot this:

1. What Operating System are you using? It could be an issue with a specific OS.

2. Do you have any extensions installed on Chrome? There have been cases where an extension caused a display error.

3. Does this occur on a specific project or all projects?

4. Do you have another machine you could try loading ProtoShare on Chrome with to see if you can reproduce the issue?

Please let us know so we can look into this issue further.

Josh Kristof

Re: Black Vertical Bands when using Chrome

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

We were able to recreate this issue. It appears to be a composting bug in Chrome. It can happen when you collapse the sidebar and/or the left panel and then move a component. We're looking into addressing the problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”