Dragging Objects

Is something not working the way you expect? Enter it here because someone else might have a similar issue.
jasonk

Dragging Objects

Postby jasonk » Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Since the update, it's very difficult to accurately drag objects into place. When you drag an object, you have no visual way to see where it will appear on release. I don't think this was the case previously.

Now I have to get somewhat close to where I want to place an object and then make precise adjustments using the arrow keys, which is much more time consuming.

jasonk

Re: Dragging Objects

Postby jasonk » Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

Today it has been working in Safari but not Chrome.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

There are alignment guides that were added in ProtoShare 8 that provides you with precise alignment. It sounds like they may have been disabled at some point. If they are disabled, dragging and dropping objects will only display a smaller version of the object.

You may want to verify that they are enabled by going to the View menu above the canvas. There should be a checkmark next to "Show Alignment Guides". If you do not see it, click the option to re-enable it and try dragging again.

If you run into any issues, please let us know.

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 am

Hi,

As a follow-up question, what Operation System are you running? If the alignment guides are enabled for both browsers, it may be a specific issue with the OS.

Return to “Troubleshooting & Bug Reports”