Guidelines

Like ProtoShare but want to see something else? Let us know what features you need.
timssewell

Guidelines

Postby timssewell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:46 am

Hi

I would love to be able to pull a guideline fro the top/left ruler section so I can use it to line stuff up. This can be quite difficult when you are dealing with groups / masters and normal elements.

Thanks

Tim

Nick Jennings

Re: Guidelines

Postby Nick Jennings » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi,

There are premade screen guides that are available under the View with various resolutions. You could also create your own guides using lines.

In addition, there are alignment laser guides that show you exactly where you are placing a component for precise positioning. This can also be enabled from the View menu. You can also use the alignment tool to help control groups of elements which can be found in the Layout menu or right-click menu.

These should help you position on your elements properly.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

timssewell

Postby timssewell » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks

All of that works well in most scenarios but lets take the case of an icon from the stencil pack, the active box that surrounds it and which the laser points to is far bigger than the actual icon. This means that when you are trying to bottom align with text for example, you just have to have a best guess as the lasers and alignment don't use the bottom of the actual icon. This type of issue also occurs when you have grouped objects and you are tyring to align them in some way with some other object.

Ideally I would be able to just pull down a guideline from the ruler to use for one moment, align what I need and then remove it. UXpin has this function and it comes in handy from time to time.

Thanks

Tim

Nick Jennings

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

Hi,

We will pass the suggestion along to our developers. Thanks for clarifying.

Wes Vasher

Postby Wes Vasher » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:28 am

Coming from Photoshop I desperately wanted drag-gable guides right away. Over time I have found myself working well without them. I think at this point after using Protoshare for 4+ months I would probably not use drag-gable guys even if they were added because I feel I would probably work faster without them. I'd say give it a shot working without them and using the built in tools for a while.
Wes Vasher - UX/UI Designer at Artonic in Tecumseh, MI

Return to “Feature Requests”