SVG Icons

Like ProtoShare but want to see something else? Let us know what features you need.
literayz

SVG Icons

Postby literayz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 am

It would be awesome if you let us import and use .svg files as assets!

Even better, since you are using .svg files for stencil icons already, give us a way to create our own stencil library of svg icons.

Christian

Nick Jennings

Re: SVG Icons

Postby Nick Jennings » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:23 am

Hi,

It looks like .svg files do not render properly with most components. It is possible to use an advance HTML component to get it to display, but a quicker workflow may be better.

I'll pass this along to our developers.

An Addition: You can also use components such as iFrame and Images components to view .svg files that are outside of ProtoShare, but any .svg files that are uploaded to the Library will not work.
Last edited by Nick Jennings on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changing information

timssewell

Postby timssewell » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 am

Is this something that is possible yet?

thanks

Josh Kristof

Postby Josh Kristof » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:41 am

Tim,

Yes, it is possible to upload your own SVG images and have them display in ProtoShare. You can drag them directly onto your design or upload them to the asset library.

timssewell

Postby timssewell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:17 am

Thanks. I have just tested this, and though I can get the SVG in, it seems I can't change the color of the lines, like I can for the modern icon set that is bundled with the product. Is there something I need to do different, or am I just missing something?

Josh Kristof

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 am

Changing the fill color through the inspector on user-supplied SVG images is unlikely to work. The icons from the library are a specific type of component that allows changing properties such as fill and stroke color.

You could add your SVG object to an advanced HTML component which would allow you to change the color.

timssewell

Postby timssewell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 am

ok. Is there any way in the future we could create our own svgs that mimic what you already have in the system, really would be a massive win.

Thanks

Josh Kristof

Postby Josh Kristof » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

It's certainly possible, but it's not currently on our road map. I'll add it as a feature request.

Return to “Feature Requests”